What if You Could Master Data Cleaning and Transformation to Completely Automate Business Intelligence and Reporting?
Power Query is the most important data analysis tool since PivotTables
It allows you to clean, reshape, and combine your data with ease, no matter where it comes from.
And it comes FREE with the Excel and Power BI software that you already own.
Learning to use Power Query means less time spent manipulating data and more time analyzing it to gain powerful insights and make better decisions.
Until now, building BI solutions has been a painful, repetitive process requiring a great deal of manual effort to clean, filter, and format data before it can even be used.
And updates have been tedious and error prone.Power Query will save you hours of time gathering and preparing your data before loading it into your data model.
Want to Master Power Query to Improve Business and Your Career?
We are Miguel Escobar and Ken Puls, two of the world’s leading experts on Power Query and the partners behind Power Query Training.
Our best-selling book, M Is For (Data) Monkey, has become one of the top-rated resources for going from a Power Query beginner to expert.
Out of the book we developed our popular live online workshops, where we introduced hundreds of data wranglers like yourself to the magic of Power Query.
But demand grew, and people told us they wanted more.
They wanted to go farther, focus deeper on certain concepts, and be able learn at their own pace.
We listened and created a step-by-step program that will change the way you "Get & Transform" data forever.
Introducing Power Query Academy
We'll walk you through the ENTIRE process of using Power Query to Extract, Transform, and Load your data in Excel and Power BI.
This course is created from a practical point of view, showcasing real-world examples and techniques that you can use right away.
You'll learn the exact steps, formulas, and tricks from world-class experts that you can use to save hours of time. And the skills you learn here are can be used in both Excel and Power BI.
Finally, you can master your data instead of having it master you!
12 months of access to over 85 bite-sized videos
Downloadable example files, 6 practice labs and access to our sample database
12 months of support from expert trainers on the course materials
Digital copies of M is for Data Monkey (2nd Ed.) and our Power Query Recipes
- Video 1: Welcome to Power Query Academy!
- Video 2: What is Power Query? FREE PREVIEW
- Video 3: Versions of Power Query FREE PREVIEW
- Video 4: Our Suggested Learning Path FREE PREVIEW
- Module 0 Handout (PDF Download)
- 'M is for Data Monkey' eBook [1st Edition] (Multiple Formats Download)
- Power Query Recipes v1906 - released June 2019 (PDF Download)
- Module 0 Quiz
- Module 1 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 1 Handout (PDF Download)
- Video 1: Connecting to Delimited Flat Files (*.csv, *.txt) FREE PREVIEW
- Video 2: Connecting to Data in Excel Workbooks
- Video 3: Connecting to Data in the Current Excel Workbook
- Video 4: Connecting to Non-Delimited Flat Files (*.txt, *.prn)
- Module 1 Quiz
- Module 2 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 2 Handout (PDF Download)
- Video 1: Step Settings
- Video 2: Choosing Query Load Destinations
- Video 3: Query Error Auditing
- Video 4: The Importance of Defining Data Types
- Module 2 Quiz
- Module 3 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 3 Handout (PDF Download)
- Video 1: Unpivoting Columns
- Video 2: Pivoting Columns
- Video 3: Split Columns into Other Columns
- Video 4: Split Columns into Rows
- Video 5: Filtering Data FREE PREVIEW
- Video 6: Sorting Data
- Video 7:Transforming and Adding Columns Based on Existing Columns
- Module 3 Quiz
- Module 4 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 4 Handout (PDF Download)
- Video 1: Appending Tables Individually
- Video 2: Appending Tables in the Current Workbook
- Video 3: Appending Worksheets in an External Workbook
- Video 4: Combine All Flat Files in a Folder
- Video 5: Combine a Named Worksheet from Multiple Workbooks
- Video 6: Combine All Worksheets in Multiple Workbooks
- Module 4 Quiz
- Module 5 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 5 Handout (PDF Download)
- Video 1: Merging Basics
- Video 2: Join Types
- Video 3: Cartesian Products
- Video 4: Approximate Match
- Video 5: Fuzzy Matching Basics
- Video 6: Fuzzy Matching in Data Quality
- Module 5 Quiz
- Module 6 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 6 Handouts (PDF Download)
- Video 1: Webpage with Table Tags
- Video 2: Files Publicly Hosted on the Web
- Video 3: Reading HTML Document
- Video 4: Basic Web Scraping
- Video 5: Advanced Web Scraping
- Module 6 Quiz
- Module 7 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 7 Handout (PDF Download)
- Video 1: Getting Data from Exchange
- Video 2: SharePoint Data - Introduction
- Video 3: SharePoint Data - Lists
- Video 4: SharePoint Data - All Files from Site
- Video 5: SharePoint Data - the From Folder Experience
- Video 6: Connecting to a JSON File
- Video 7: Connecting to a PDF File
- Module 7 Quiz
- Module 8 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 8 Handout (PDF Download)
- SQL Azure Database Credentials and Information
- Video 1: Connecting to an Access Database
- Video 2: Connecting to a SQL Database
- Video 3: Connecting to SQL Server Analysis Services
- Video 4: Credentials and Privacy Settings on Data Sources
- Video 5: Direct Connectivity in Power BI Desktop
- Module 8 Quiz
- Module 9 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 9 Handout (PDF Download)
- Video 1: Grouping and Summarizing Data
- Video 2: Pivoting Stacked Data
- Video 3: Unpivot Subcategorized Data
- Video 4: Pivoting Vertical Pairs
- Video 5: Pivoting Horizontal Pairs
- Module 9 Quiz
- Module 10 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 10 Handout (PDF Download)
- Video 1: Automating Refresh in Excel
- Video 2: Sharing Queries
- Video 3: Query Organization
- Module 10 Quiz
- Module 11 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 11 Handout (PDF Download)
- Video 1: Using Power Query Formulas
- Video 2: Conditional Logic Basics
- Video 3: Conditional Logic - Manual IF Tests FREE PREVIEW
- Video 4: Conditional Logic - Handling Errors
- Video 5: Conditional Logic - Working With Multiple Conditions
- Video 6: Conditional Logic Against the Next or Previous Row
- Video 7: Creating Columns from Examples
- Module 11 Quiz
- Module 12 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 12 Handout (PDF Download)
- Video 1: Power Query Values
- Video 2: Power Query and M Syntax FREE PREVIEW
- Video 3: M Functions - Integrated Samples and Documentation
- Video 4: Current Row Context
- Video 5: Navigation or Drill-Down
- Video 6: Tokens (Identifiers, Keywords, Literals, and Punctuation)
- Video 7: Advanced Row Context
- Module 12 Quiz
- Module 13 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 13 Handout (PDF Download)
- Video 1: Manual Creation of Custom Functions
- Video 2: Debugging Custom Functions
- Video 3: UI Assisted Parameters and Functions
- Video 4: Parameter Tables - Extracting a single value
- Module 13 Quiz
- Module 14 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 14 Handout (PDF Download)
- Video 1: Dynamically Creating a List of Headers
- Video 2: Advanced Table Append
- Video 3: Pagination and DO/WHILE in M
- Module 14 Quiz
- Module 15 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 15 Handout (PDF Download)
- Video 1: What is a Calendar Table?
- Video 2: Basic Calendar Tables - From Start Date to End Date
- Video 3: Basic Calendar Tables - From Start Date + x Days
- Video 4: Extending Calendar Table Columns
- Video 5: Recurring Dates with OFFSET FREE PREVIEW
- Module 15 Quiz
- Module 16 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 16 Handout (PDF Download)
- Video 1: Optimizing Power Query Settings
- Video 2: Leveraging Buffer Functions
- Video 3: Reducing Development Lag
- Module 16 Quiz
- Practice Lab 01 (ZIP Download)
- Practice Lab 02 (ZIP Download)
- Practice Lab 03 (ZIP Download)
- Practice Lab 04 (ZIP Download)
- Practice Lab 05 (ZIP Download)
- Practice Lab 06 (ZIP Download)
Don't Spend Any More Time Cleaning Data or Building Reports Before You See What We Have to Teach
Always Fresh. Updated Content Every 3 Months
Unlike other video course, Power Query Academy never goes stale. Our quarterly updates include new features and enhancements for Power Query, allowing you to stay on top of this constantly-evolving tool.
The best part? All of these updates are FREE. You get new content at no extra cost.
Top Support from the Course Creators
We don't use an outsourced support team. If you need help with anything covered in the course, you can personally ask Ken and Miguel your questions.
Along with the technical support of two of the world's leading Power Query experts, our helpful team is here to make sure you get the most from the course.
Module Quizzes and Certificate of Completion
We have a quiz at the end of each module to help reinforce the information covered in the videos and allow you to apply your new knowledge.
Once you have finished the course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion so show off to your family and friends - or to just save for your records.
Hear Some Power Query Academy Success Stories
I don’t think I can express enough how good I feel your Academy and services are. Love that you have the online course, support at your finger-tips and then can have a subscription for years to come at a reasonable rate... I chose [your course] because I felt it was the whole package and not just pieces... With Power Query, our group has been blown away. I was able to create a self-serve tool from Power Query that is totally amazing for us and our clients. I am very happy with what I have been able to do for our group [and am] now encouraging more to take the course... THANK YOU for making my heart beat so happily and proud.
Thanks for your Power Query training. I work as a school business manager in southwest Wyoming. I enrolled in your course in November and have been working on writing as many queries as I can think of to automate or speed up processes. In January or February, I applied for an award "recognizing ingenuity and resourcefulness" from the Association of School Business Officials International (ASBO). I noticed that no one had submitted a Power Query solution to automation, so I applied using the things that you two have taught. Well, today ASBO informed me that I won their Pinnacle Award. I will also be presenting for two hours at their conference on my project of writing queries. Thanks to you for this award.
John A. Williams
I started playing with Power Query some months ago, and then took a 1/2 day introduction course... this ignited a spark that led me to 'M is for (Data) Monkey'. In the intervening 2 months, I have developed queries that are saving me upwards of 15 hours per month, on repetitive analyses needed as part of our month end financial close. I have also become nearly evangelical in my love of Power Query, and of your book. I will shortly start holding "lunch & learns" for others in our Finance & Accounting groups, and recommending both 'M is for (Data) Monkey', and now your Power Query Academy, to any and all interested. So, from the very bottom of my heart, thank you! Your work is making a positive impact in ways in which I doubt you're even aware.
The Power Query Academy course is really great... Really well done and lots more tricks than I expected to see before I decided to purchase it. It is the small stuff that speeds up my workflow... My biggest regret is that I didn’t buy it earlier, since it could have saved me time thru the well-structured learning in the course as opposed to my random learning before that thru blogs and Google.
The course is absolutely phenomenal, and I have been able to save my company hundreds of hours already by automating processes using Power Query!
I am approaching the end of my first year and plan to renew. It's such a valuable resource for me! We have only a few people at work who know anything about Power Query so when I have a question, I turn to Ken and Miguel for help.
Is this course only for advanced users of Power Query?
Not at all. If you've never heard of Power Query before, this course will get you up to speed with the most powerful tool in data transformation. If you've already used Power Query, you'll get a quick refresher on the fundamentals before learning more advanced concepts. Enroll right now and in a few minutes you could be revising your existing Power Query solutions and using the tricks we teach you in the Power Query Academy. We've structured the course to take you from novice to expert. And wherever you are on that journey, you'll be challenged.
How much does it cost to become a member of the Power Query Academy?
The enrollment cost for the first year is $398 USD. This provides access to the Power Query Academy and support for one year. Your subscription is automatically renewed at $99 USD per year after that. You can choose to cancel your subscription renewal at any time.
What is your refund policy? Can an account be shared with or transferred to another user?
Refunds are not available on course registrations; all sales are final. After the first year, you can choose to cancel your subscription renewal at any time. Registration and access to the course is intended for one person only and cannot be transferred another user. Logins and downloads are not to be meant to be shared. We do offer group discounts on registrations of 3 or more people. For more information on group discounts, click on the Support link at the footer of this page to contact us.
Are quizzes required for completing the course? How do I receive my Certificate of Completion?
Yes, the quiz at the end of each module is required and contains a set of 10 multiple-choice questions. You must get at least 8 out of the 10 questions correct (80%) to pass the quiz. But don’t worry, you can retake the test as many times as you like! After all the videos have been watched and quizzes passed, you will receive an email with a link to your Certificate of Completion. You will then be able to download or print a copy for your records.
This was one of the most informative and, dare I say, enjoyable training classes that I've ever taken. Right out of the box, you're learning stuff that you can apply TODAY!
This was one of the most informative and, dare I say, enjoyable training classes that I've ever taken. Right out of the box, you're learning stuff that you can apply TODAY!Read Less
Awesome course with great examples and clear explanations. This is one of the best courses I have done. I got the book on a recommendation and I have recommended to many more users. When I realized the authors were running a course it was an eas...Read More
Awesome course with great examples and clear explanations. This is one of the best courses I have done. I got the book on a recommendation and I have recommended to many more users. When I realized the authors were running a course it was an easy decision to subscribe. Great investments. The delivery platform has a few bugs but the course is awesome. Great job. Keep up the good work.Read Less
I give this course 5 stars. Gentlemen, you really outdid yourselves this time! This course is literally for everyone, from someone who's never heard of Power Query before to advance users seeking a refresher course. There's something here ...Read More
I give this course 5 stars. Gentlemen, you really outdid yourselves this time! This course is literally for everyone, from someone who's never heard of Power Query before to advance users seeking a refresher course. There's something here for everyone. There isn't one video on this course that I saw that I didn't say WOW, so that's how this can be done better!! I learned SOOOO much. You have no idea. Now I can do my job quicker and more efficiently. And it’s all thanks to you guys. I cannot thank you enough for putting this course out there, and helping me and the Excel community around the world. A world of thanks!!! CBRead Less
The course provides many useful techniques which I started using right away in my work. After watching some videos, I immediately revised my existing power query files incorporating the tricks learned from the course material. I would never ha...Read More
The course provides many useful techniques which I started using right away in my work. After watching some videos, I immediately revised my existing power query files incorporating the tricks learned from the course material. I would never have discovered the techniques contained in this course material on my own. The course was also very enjoyable. Thank you for putting these materials together.Read Less
I thoroughly enjoyed every detail of this course. I was able to see immediate return on investment as the course covered some of the challenges I faced as a Power BI freelancer. Thank you!
I thoroughly enjoyed every detail of this course. I was able to see immediate return on investment as the course covered some of the challenges I faced as a Power BI freelancer. Thank you!Read Less
I loved the course and have implemented SO MANY THINGS from it. I've already saved at least 2 days of manual reformatting of data each month by implementing things that I learned as I was working through the course. Now that I have been throug...Read More
I loved the course and have implemented SO MANY THINGS from it. I've already saved at least 2 days of manual reformatting of data each month by implementing things that I learned as I was working through the course. Now that I have been through it all, and really understood the examples in the Date and Time Techniques of how to pass parameters into a query, I'll be going back through the modules on Parameters and Custom Functions with a clearer idea of how I can implement those, as well! SO grateful for the work that has been put into creating this course. It has changed my work-life for the better. In fact, I was able to share a simple data-cleanup query for a text file format our POS system generates -- my colleague thought I was a genius, and I saved him at least 30 minutes of cleanup time.Read Less
Ken and Miguel are passionate about PQ and PBI and do a great job of sharing and teaching best practices. My go-to source for bettering myself in the exciting field of BI and Analytics.
Ken and Miguel are passionate about PQ and PBI and do a great job of sharing and teaching best practices. My go-to source for bettering myself in the exciting field of BI and Analytics.Read Less
Hugely enjoyable course with loads of useful content - certainly will make me stop and think for a change before creating any more PQ solutions. Really liked the modular approach, breaking down the subject matter into usable 'topic chunks' which m...Read More
Hugely enjoyable course with loads of useful content - certainly will make me stop and think for a change before creating any more PQ solutions. Really liked the modular approach, breaking down the subject matter into usable 'topic chunks' which makes it more like a set of building blocks for creating better, more predictable results. Ken's vocal delivery is great - all his enthusiasm for the subject comes thru' in spades. Can't wait to get my hands on the book!Read Less
I have been exposed to Power Query tools and its capabilities by none other than Mr Excel Bill Jelen in one of his tips videos on his YouTube channel, but he did mention about the authors of the tip: Ken Pulse and Miguel Escobar and their first bo...Read More
I have been exposed to Power Query tools and its capabilities by none other than Mr Excel Bill Jelen in one of his tips videos on his YouTube channel, but he did mention about the authors of the tip: Ken Pulse and Miguel Escobar and their first book: M For Data Monkey. I immediately bought the Ebook on my kindle and started reading it. Since then I have completely automated reporting at my workplace with help of Power Query, it takes few minutes instead of few hours to prepare complex MIS which has more than three divisions, this also includes complex divisional balance sheet and Cashflow statement. I have been following Ken and Miguel's blog ever since and following each and every tip they publish (also I am a connection on LinkedIn with both of them). When I first heard about this course, I was more than excited and I had decided to pre-enrol into it as I was sure it was worth every dime and every second invested in it. I am glad that I did that. I have learned so many new things like parameters and functions and M Language, the capabilities of Power Query goes way beyond the traditional way of using it once you know a little bit more about M code. Miguel and Ken have done fantastic Job and their approach to explaining each concept is truly professional and quite easy to grasp. While many advanced concepts I have come across were not easy to digest at first glance but I will be referring them again in future. Following are my suggestions for improving the experience next time: Screen capture zooming, All Miguel's videos had zoom in effect which was nice as I could see the specific part of screen especially formulas while it was not the case with Ken's videos, zooming into specific areas of the screen is quite important as people may not have big screens to watch video lessons all the time.. I would highly recommend this course who wants to master data cleaning and transformation and completely automate business intelligence. before I was exposed to Power Query I used to struggle with complex VBA coding which is difficult to master compared to Power Query (believe me you will not have to rely on VBA for data manipulation anymore once you know PQ) Thank you, Ken and Miguel for this awesome course, I wish you guys soon release the second edition of M for Data Money book and also new courses on Power BI, DAX and Power Pivot/Data Modelling... Cheers Prashant PanchalRead Less
Found modules to lead me a step at a time to understand Power Query. Modules make it simple to go back and review. Look forward to getting to each new module. I just completed the videos (which means I am half done, now I have to redo the vide...Read More
Found modules to lead me a step at a time to understand Power Query. Modules make it simple to go back and review. Look forward to getting to each new module. I just completed the videos (which means I am half done, now I have to redo the videos and practice each video). I purchased the original "M is for (Data) Money" but never seemed to be able to work my way through the material without getting stuck (or not motivated enough to keep going). I found the videos kept me motivated and help me understand the issues I had in the original book.Read Less
I thought I knew a lot about Power Query, Well I do now!
I thought I knew a lot about Power Query, Well I do now!Read Less
This is a great course to get from beginning to very accomplished. Mr. Puls and Mr. Escobar do a great job presenting the information in small pieces. You will be able to apply their methods to develop some very advanced solutions. I suggest that ...Read More
This is a great course to get from beginning to very accomplished. Mr. Puls and Mr. Escobar do a great job presenting the information in small pieces. You will be able to apply their methods to develop some very advanced solutions. I suggest that if you want to learn the M language (Power Query) then this class and their book are great places to start.Read Less
Do I Have Other Options?
Yes, of course you do! Here are some other ways you can begin to leverage Power Query in Excel and Power BI:
Trial and Error: Not a bad way to learn. But you'll spend lots of time that you could be investing somewhere else. Ask yourself: "How quickly do I want results?"
Other Power Query Courses: There are many excellent teachers out there. But how often is the course material updated, and is the trainer there to help answer your questions?
Hiring a Consultant: Probably the fastest way to get a fully-built solution. But do you want to rely on a consultant every time you have a question, update a report, or build a new data model?
I Want to Join Power Query Academy Today for $398
(After the first year it's $99 per year)