What if You Could Master Data Cleaning and Transformation to Completely Automate Business Intelligence and Reporting?
Power Query is the new analytics tool companies are using to manage their data
And it comes free with the Excel and Power BI software that you already own.
Learning to use it means less time spent manipulating data and more time analyzing for business intelligence.
Power Query is like a machine that once you set it up right, it runs itself and removes manual labor from your work life.
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CLICK A BUTTON TO REFRESH YOUR DATA.
It's that powerful.
And those who learn to harness the strength of Power Query can write their own ticket.
Want to Get Proficient at Using Power Query to Improve Your Data Career Opportunities
Hey, this is Miguel Escobar and Ken Puls, the guys behind Power Query Training.
Of you're reading this, you likely know who we are. We are the authoers of the best-selling book, M Is For (Data) Monkey: The Excel Pro's Definitive Guide to Power Query.
This book has become one of the top-rated resources for going from a Power Query beginner to expert.
It got great reviews on Amazon, but people told us they wanted more. They wanted to go deeper.
They wanted to remove manual spreadsheet data transformations and replace them with systems.
They wanted to simplify their approach to handling large amounts of data.
Most of all they wanted to save hours and stop redundant work...
We listened to the requests and created a step-by-step roadmap that will change the way you "Get & Transform" data forever.
Don't Create Any More Power Query Solutions Before You See What We Have to Teach
Always Fresh. Updated Content Every 3 Months
Our course never goes stale. Our quarterly updates include new tactics as a result of new features and updates to Power Query, along with feedback we've received from our students.
The best part? All of these updates are FREE. You get new content at no extra cost.
24/7 Access to the Creators and a Group of Supportive Peers
You'll have access to students at all different levels - beginners who just started, intermediate students who are exploring the capabilities of Power Query, and advanced experts who are transforming their data careers.
Power Query Tests
At the end of each module, we ask you to take a quiz of around 10 questions. These quizzes will show you what you've already learned about Power Query, and which features you need to revisit.
Introducing Power Query Academy
You'll get the resources in a self-directed, online course that covers the ENTIRE process of using Power Query to model and shape data.
You'll learn the exact steps, formulas, and data transformations that you can use to finally master data rather than having it master you.
OK, let us tell you exactly waht you'll have access to when you upgrade to full membership.
12 months of access to over 70 bite-sized videos
Downloadable example files
12 months of support from expert trainers on the course materials
A digital copy of our top-selling book, 'M is for Data Monkey' (2nd Edition)
- Welcome to Power Query Academy!
- Support Portal - Demo
- Support Portal - User Activation
- What is Power Query? FREE TRIAL
- Versions of Power Query FREE TRIAL
- Our Suggested Learning Path FREE TRIAL
- Module 0 Handout (PDF Download)
- 'M is for Data Monkey' eBook [1st Edition] (Multiple Formats Download)
- Module 0 Quiz
- Module 1 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 1 Handout (PDF Download)
- Connecting to Delimited Flat Files (*.csv, *.txt) FREE TRIAL
- Connecting to Data in Excel Workbooks
- Connecting to Data in the Current Excel Workbook
- Connecting to Non-Delimited Flat Files (*.txt, *.prn)
- Module 1 Quiz
- Module 2 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 2 Handout (PDF Download)
- Step Settings
- Choosing Query Load Destinations
- Query Error Auditing
- The Importance of Defining Data Types
- Module 2 Quiz
- Module 3 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 3 Handout (PDF Download)
- Unpivoting Columns
- Pivoting Columns
- Split Columns into Other Columns
- Split Columns into Rows
- Filtering Data FREE TRIAL
- Sorting Data
- Transforming and Adding Columns Based on Existing Columns
- Module 3 Quiz
- Module 4 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 4 Handout (PDF Download)
- Appending Tables Individually
- Appending Tables in the Current Workbook
- Appending Worksheets in an External Workbook
- Combine All Flat Files in a Folder
- Combine a Named Worksheet from Multiple Workbooks
- Combine All Worksheets in Multiple Workbooks
- Merging Tables - Basics
- Merging Tables - Join Types
- Merging Tables - Cartesian Products
- Module 4 Quiz
- Module 5 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 5 Handout (PDF Download)
- Getting Data from Exchange
- Web Data: Webpage with Table Tags
- Web Data: Files Publicly hosted on the Web
- Web Data: Reading HTML Document
- SharePoint Data: Introduction
- SharePoint Data: Lists
- SharePoint Data: All Files from Site
- SharePoint Data: the From Folder Experience
- Connecting to a JSON File
- Module 5 Quiz
- Module 6 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 6 Handout (PDF Download)
- SQL Azure Database Credentials and Information
- Connecting to an Access Database
- Connecting to a SQL Database
- Connecting to SQL Server Analysis Services
- Credentials and Privacy Settings on Data Sources
- Direct Connectivity in Power BI Desktop
- Module 6 Quiz
- Module 7 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 7 Handout (PDF Download)
- Grouping and Summarizing Data
- Pivoting Stacked Data
- Unpivot Subcategorized Data
- Pivoting Vertical Pairs
- Pivoting Horizontal Pairs
- Module 7 Quiz
- Module 8 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 8 Handout (PDF Download)
- Automating Refresh in Excel
- Sharing Queries
- Query Organization
- Module 8 Quiz
- Module 9 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 9 Handout (PDF Download)
- Using Power Query Formulas
- Conditional Logic Basics
- Conditional Logic - Manual IF Tests FREE TRIAL
- Conditional Logic - Handling Errors
- Conditional Logic - Working With Multiple Conditions
- Creating Columns from Examples
- Module 9 Quiz
- Module 10 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 10 Handout (PDF Download)
- Power Query Values
- Power Query and M Syntax FREE TRIAL
- M Functions: Integrated Samples and Documentation
- Current Row Context
- Navigation or Drill-Down
- Tokens (Identifiers, Keywords, Literals, and Punctuation)
- Advanced Row Context
- Module 10 Quiz