What if You Could Master Data Cleaning and Transformation to Completely Automate Business Intelligence and Reporting?
Power Query is the most important data analysis tool since PivotTables
It allows you to clean, reshape, and combine your data with ease, no matter where it comes from.
And it comes FREE with the Excel and Power BI software that you already own.
Learning to use Power Query means less time spent manipulating data and more time analyzing it to gain powerful insights and make better decisions.
Until now, building BI solutions has been a painful, repetitive process requiring a great deal of manual effort to clean, filter, and format data before it can even be used.
And updates have been tedious and error prone.Power Query will save you hours of time gathering and preparing your data before loading it into your data model.
Want to Master Power Query to Improve Business and Your Career?
We are Miguel Escobar and Ken Puls, two of the world’s leading experts on Power Query and the partners behind Power Query Training.
Our best-selling book, M Is For (Data) Monkey, has become one of the top-rated resources for going from a Power Query beginner to expert.
Out of the book we developed our popular live online workshops, where we introduced hundreds of data wranglers like yourself to the magic of Power Query.
But demand grew, and people told us they wanted more.
They wanted to go farther, focus deeper on certain concepts, and be able learn at their own pace.
We listened and created a step-by-step program that will change the way you "Get & Transform" data forever.
Introducing Power Query Academy
We'll walk you through the ENTIRE process of using Power Query to Extract, Transform, and Load your data in Excel and Power BI.
This course is created from a practical point of view, showcasing real-world examples and techniques that you can use right away.
You'll learn the exact steps, formulas, and tricks from world-class experts that you can use to save hours of time. And the skills you learn here are can be used in both Excel and Power BI.
Finally, you can master your data instead of having it master you!
12 months of access to over 70 bite-sized videos
Downloadable example files and access to our sample database for practicing
12 months of support from expert trainers on the course materials
Digital copies of M is for Data Monkey (2nd Ed.) and our Power Query Recipes
- Video 1: Welcome to Power Query Academy!
- Video 2: What is Power Query? FREE PREVIEW
- Video 3: Versions of Power Query FREE PREVIEW
- Video 4: Our Suggested Learning Path FREE PREVIEW
- Module 0 Handout (PDF Download)
- 'M is for Data Monkey' eBook [1st Edition] (Multiple Formats Download)
- Power Query Recipes v1901 - released Jan 2019 (PDF Download)
- Module 0 Quiz
- Module 1 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 1 Handout (PDF Download)
- Video 1: Connecting to Delimited Flat Files (*.csv, *.txt) FREE PREVIEW
- Video 2: Connecting to Data in Excel Workbooks
- Video 3: Connecting to Data in the Current Excel Workbook
- Video 4: Connecting to Non-Delimited Flat Files (*.txt, *.prn)
- Module 1 Quiz
- Module 2 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 2 Handout (PDF Download)
- Video 1: Step Settings
- Video 2: Choosing Query Load Destinations
- Video 3: Query Error Auditing
- Video 4: The Importance of Defining Data Types
- Module 2 Quiz
- Module 3 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 3 Handout (PDF Download)
- Video 1: Unpivoting Columns
- Video 2: Pivoting Columns
- Video 3: Split Columns into Other Columns
- Video 4: Split Columns into Rows
- Video 5: Filtering Data FREE PREVIEW
- Video 6: Sorting Data
- Video 7:Transforming and Adding Columns Based on Existing Columns
- Module 3 Quiz
- Module 4 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 4 Handout (PDF Download)
- Video 1: Appending Tables Individually
- Video 2: Appending Tables in the Current Workbook
- Video 3: Appending Worksheets in an External Workbook
- Video 4: Combine All Flat Files in a Folder
- Video 5: Combine a Named Worksheet from Multiple Workbooks
- Video 6: Combine All Worksheets in Multiple Workbooks
- Video 7: Merging Tables - Basics
- Video 8: Merging Tables - Join Types
- Video 9: Merging Tables - Cartesian Products
- Video 10: Merging Tables - Approximate Match
- Module 4 Quiz
- Module 5 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 5 Handout (PDF Download)
- Video 1: Getting Data from Exchange
- Video 2: Web Data - Webpage with Table Tags
- Video 3: Web Data - Files Publicly hosted on the Web
- Video 4: Web Data - Reading HTML Document
- Video 5: SharePoint Data - Introduction
- Video 6: SharePoint Data - Lists
- Video 7: SharePoint Data - All Files from Site
- Video 8: SharePoint Data - the From Folder Experience
- Video 9: Connecting to a JSON File
- Module 5 Quiz
- Module 6 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 6 Handout (PDF Download)
- SQL Azure Database Credentials and Information
- Video 1: Connecting to an Access Database
- Video 2: Connecting to a SQL Database
- Video 3: Connecting to SQL Server Analysis Services
- Video 4: Credentials and Privacy Settings on Data Sources
- Video 5: Direct Connectivity in Power BI Desktop
- Module 6 Quiz
- Module 7 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 7 Handout (PDF Download)
- Video 1: Grouping and Summarizing Data
- Video 2: Pivoting Stacked Data
- Video 3: Unpivot Subcategorized Data
- Video 4: Pivoting Vertical Pairs
- Video 5: Pivoting Horizontal Pairs
- Module 7 Quiz
- Module 8 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 8 Handout (PDF Download)
- Video 1: Automating Refresh in Excel
- Video 2: Sharing Queries
- Video 3: Query Organization
- Module 8 Quiz
- Module 9 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 9 Handout (PDF Download)
- Video 1: Using Power Query Formulas
- Video 2: Conditional Logic Basics
- Video 3: Conditional Logic - Manual IF Tests FREE PREVIEW
- Video 4: Conditional Logic - Handling Errors
- Video 5: Conditional Logic - Working With Multiple Conditions
- Video 6: Conditional Logic Against the Next or Previous Row
- Video 7: Creating Columns from Examples
- Module 9 Quiz
- Module 10 Sample Files (ZIP Download)
- Module 10 Handout (PDF Download)
- Video 1: Power Query Values
- Video 2: Power Query and M Syntax